Our free TAC decision dispute service

If the TAC have made a decision in the last 12 months that you disagree with:

We can provide you with free advice on whether you have a good chance of overturning the decision. If you have an arguable case, we can assist you in challenging the TAC’s decision.

We do so via the TAC’s dispute resolution process.

Your issue can be big or small, we will be able to assist without cost to you – the TAC might have terminated your physiotherapy, got your PIAWE wrong or wont pay for home help.

If we take your matter on, we will act at no cost to you through steps 1-4 (below), whether you get an outcome or not.

If your matter needs to go to VCAT (step 5 below) because it hasn’t resolved – we’ll help you make a decision about whether you should proceed further and what the costs might be if you were to pursue it.

Answers to questions you might have
How Long Does the Process Take?

Typically it takes about 4-6 weeks for a matter to reach the conference stage with the TAC.

What's the process called?

The process described below is called the TAC dispute application process.

You can read more about the process here.

Can I handle this myself?

The TAC’s dispute resolution process is only something that a lawyer can handle on your behalf.

You are able, without a lawyer, to ask the TAC to perform a review of the decision (this is different to the dispute resolution process).

You’re also able, without a lawyer – although not recommended – to pursue the matter to VCAT.

What do I need to do to assist?

You don’t need to do anything. We’ll request all relevant material (such as material from your doctors and other treating health practitioners).

The cost for this material will be covered by the TAC.

Step 1

The initial step is to provide us with a copy of the TAC decision – you can do this by uploading it using the button below, or emailing it to us at [email protected].

As lawyers, we are bound by various laws and regulations that require us to treat all of your information confidentially.

Step 2

We will review the decision and contact you to get some more detail about the issues in dispute.

Step 3

The next step is to lodge a dispute application with the TAC – we do this for you.

Step 4

We then go through a “dispute resolution application” meeting with the TAC. Most disputes can be resolved at this stage. This is typically done over telephone. We will represent you during the meeting so generally you wont be expected to speak to the TAC.

Step 5

If the dispute can’t be resolved, you have the choice to take the matter to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal.

Phone: 1800 325 039

Email: [email protected]